Holistic Self-Care For The Therapist, June 2021
June 25 @ 10:00 am - June 26 @ 4:00 pmFree
A 2-Day Winter Retreat Incorporating Schema and Compassion-based Approaches
Essentially, we all know how to take care of ourselves. The question is, what gets in the way? What gets in the way of you acting in your own best interests, taking good care of your mind and body and actually making it a priority? Are you suppressing your own authenticity because you keep subjugating your own needs out of fear, guilt or some other unhelpful life-script? Let’s explore all these facets over these 2 days.
Friday 25th June – Saturday 26th June, 2021
Venue: Quest for Life Centre, Bundanoon, NSW
Price: Early Bird (By May 10th 2021) $829 including GST. Regular Price $879 including GST
Description of the Winter Retreat
This retreat has been run in 2018 and 2019. Both of these previous retreats sold out quickly, so please don’t delay if you are interested.
This retreat, run over 2-days in a peaceful setting in Bundanoon, provides participants with an opportunity to go a little deeper into what it really means to take care of yourself. We’ll focus upon personal and professional self-reflection and engage in activities & practices designed to facilitate healing and restoration.
The retreat will provide a great opportunity to connect with like-minded colleagues, access peer support, relax and reflect upon your own level of professional burnout and emotional exhaustion, self-care practices and any practical or psychological barriers to self-care.
Research suggests that some of the biggest predictors of negative emotional outcomes like burnout and ’empathy fatigue’ are actually factors internal to the therapist (such as schemas and other beliefs that directly affect the way we practice as therapists).
Topics over the 2 days include:
- A review of burnout, empathic distress & a reflection upon your own personal risk factors
- Therapist schemas, schema-related work-stress
- “Other-related” schemas and why these keep us stuck
- Therapist inner critics or parent modes (‘Guilt-inducing parent’ as particularly influential for therapists)
- Schema healing, personal re-parenting (Vulnerable child work)
- Generating “metta” for self; self-compassion practices & compassionate responding in clinical practice
- ‘In-session’ and ‘out-of-session’ self-care practices, including at look at somatic distress and why we hold it!
- There will also be various meditation and body restorative practices interwoven amongst the retreat learning material and the experiential exercises (i.e., mindfulness & metta meditations; and a light & gentle yoga session with an experienced yoga).
This retreat is limited to a maximum of 15 participants so that we have a comfortable group feel and group members can get to know each other better, in a relaxed quiet space. There are only 15 private rooms on the site. If you are interested in attending this retreat but have any specific issues or queries, feel free to contact Gemma on 0422 929 466.
Prices are inclusive of
- retreat materials
- a self-care welcome gift pack
- overnight accommodation;
- and full catering with wholesome and nutritious food
Arrive: 10.00 am Friday 25th June
Finish: 4.00 pm Saturday 26th June
- Total of 12 CPD points.
- We accept payment by Credit Card or PayPal. If you wish to pay by EFT please call The Good Mood Clinic to arrange.
- A complimentary 15 min head/neck/shoulder massage is also included during your stay.
Live Webinar: 20th August 2021 There are many potential portals to the vulnerable child mode or modes. This live webinar is all about exploring different avenues for making creative contact with vulnerable child modes and using a variety of therapeutic methods for healing. Connecting with and healing vulnerable child parts of self (eg, “inner child […]
When Grief Gets Complicated: Using Schema Therapy and Experiential Methods to Help Prolonged Grief – Live Webinar, June 2021
The second in a 2-part webinar series on grief, this webinar is for mental health professionals wanting to know more about the processes of complicated grief, how to identify it and how to use grief-focused interventions to assists those suffering from ‘prolonged’ grief reactions. This webinar will assume some existing knowledge of grief and bereavement […]
Understanding Grief & Bereavement: An Introduction to Experiential Methods in Grief Therapy – Live Webinar, MAY 2021
EVENT HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL THURSDAY 13TH MAY AT 10:30 AM The first in a 2-part webinar series on grief, this webinar is for any clinician, therapist or mental health professional wanting to know more about grief & bereavement in a clinical setting and how to begin to work therapeutically with clients. Whether you are […]
CLOSED A 2-Day Winter Retreat Incorporating Schema and Compassion-based Approaches Essentially, we all know how to take care of ourselves. The question is, what gets in the way? What gets in the way of you acting in your own best interests, taking good care of your mind and body and actually making it a priority? […]